Making the burgers
1. Cook the quinoa in a large pan of boiling water for 9 mins, drain and allow to steam dry. Combine the cooled quinoa with the grated cheddar and pork mince. Divide into 4 patties.
Building the burger
2. Start by making the carrot and apple pickle. Peel and grate the carrot and grate the apple. Deseed and finely slice the chilli. Peel and finely chop the garlic and ginger.
3. Whisk together the lemon juice, ginger and garlic and combine with the carrot, apple and chilli. Set aside for 30 minutes.
4. Set a small pan with the oil over a medium heat, once hot add the mustard seeds until they begin to pop. Quickly pour over the carrot and apple, mix through along with roughly chopped coriander.
5. Pan roast or grill the burgers until they have achieved good colour on each side and are cooked through. Remove from the pan and leave to rest. Halve and toast the buns.
6. Top each bun with the burger, a portion of the pickle and the rocket, with the top of the bun resting on the side showing off the filling.